drop down menu

drop down menu

Postby skfamily » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi,
I'm very new at this and have learned lots. I'm only having a problem trying to set up drop down from the horizontal menu (Pages). I did download the plug in "Multi-Level "Navigational". I do have the menu set as parent pages and have pages that go under them. I didn't want the "Pages" section in the side bar (to many), so I removed. If you have any tips on how to do that I would be very grateful.

Thanks
skfamily

Re: drop down menu

Postby Mina » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:21 pm

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but are you asking how to remove the Pages from the sidebar? To do this go into Admin >> Appearances >> Editor >> sidebar.php then find and delete this line:

<?php wp_list_pages('depth=3&title_li=<h2>Pages</h2>'); ?>

If I'm wrong could you give me more details on what you're having trouble with? And as always, a link to your site would be VERY helpful.
Mina
Cloisters Mama

Postby skfamily » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Sorry I had to many things in the post.
I need to know how to have a drop down menu from the top bar. There are words "pages" there now and would like to be able to see the child pages for each of them without clicking. I hope that is better, I love the website by the way.
Thanks
skfamily

Postby skfamily » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Forgot to add my website.
skfamily1st.com

Thanks again
skfamily

Postby Mina » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:56 pm

I don't think what you're looking to do is possible without a plugin, and from what I've heard the Multi-Level-Navigation plugin is a good one. But with drop downs you either have to click on them or hover over them to see the child pages.
Mina
Cloisters Mama

Postby ant » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi Mina, thanks for the plugin it is just what I been looking for. I got the plugin working but I can't seem to remove the previous header menu. I edited the sidebar.php as you stated in the post but it is still visible, please can you advise me further, the website is http://www.colleen.muskat.co.za

Thanks

Antoine
ant

Postby ant » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi Mina, I figured it out. I deleted the line <?php include('menu.php');?> in the header.php and it removed it.

Thanks

Antoine
ant

Postby Mina » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Glad it's working now.
Mina
Cloisters Mama

Return to Soho Serenity