shadowbox

shadowbox

Postby shammah98 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm trying to get a video gallery, or just post some videos utilizing shadowbox. Is that compatible/enabled with this theme, or do I need to edit something. I have actived the simple flash player plugin, which plays the video (but loads it in a new page, the shadowbox feature does not seem to be working). I deactivated all other plugins just to make sure there wasnt a conflict, but still no show. just wanted to make sure the theme was compatible
thanks again!
mybigbluesky.com
shammah98

Re: shadowbox

Postby Mina » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:53 am

It should be compatible, I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be.
Mina
Cloisters Mama

Postby shammah98 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:46 am

ok thanks. just wanted to make sure i didnt have to add any code to the theme or something.
by the way. i sent a donation in, hope u got it. thanks for all the support!
E
shammah98

Postby Mina » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:08 pm

So that was you! Yes I got it...thank you so much, I really appreciate it! :D
Mina
Cloisters Mama

Postby shammah98 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:54 pm

ur very welcome. :-)
I did change my site's theme back to the default WP theme, just to see if it was a theme issue, and the video does load up and play. (although the shadowbox still isnt working), but once back on the just grey theme, it doesnt even show up. so im suspecting there is something incompatible somewhere. I've been searching online, and ive seen some places that the function needs to be enabled in the header (?), but im not sure what that means
thx

*edit*
the plugin author was having me insert this code at the end of the stylesheet.css
/*GALLERIES*/
img.proplayer_thumb{
width:280px;
height:157px;
}
.pro-player-container {
display:none;
}

Inserting this was what was causing the player to break, not sure why..once i take it out, the player works just fine. so the problem is not with ur theme, i dont think :-)
i also had to create a galleries-script.js file and add this to the function.php
//I commented the condition because it seems there is a bug with this on my website, but normally you should uncomment it.
//JS
//if (is_page_template('gallery.php'))
wp_enqueue_script( 'galleries-scripts', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory').'/js/galleries-scripts.js', array('jquery'),'0.1');

but those dont seem to have changed anything.
shadowbow still not working though... :(
shammah98

Postby Mina » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Exactly which plugin is this? I want to download it and test it out to see if I can find anything.
Mina
Cloisters Mama

Postby shammah98 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 pm

its the pro player plugin http://isagoksu.com/proplayer-wordpress-plugin/
another player im trying the get to work is simple flash player http://www.simplethoughtproductions.com ... ash-video/
The first one works great as is with the theme, it's the hacks (gallery, shadowbox...) that arent working
the second one has those features already included (no code editing required according to the author), however the player does not open up in shadow bow, just loads up embeded in a new page.
if u find anything,, please let me know
thanks and happy new year!
E
shammah98

Postby Mina » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:26 pm

I couldn't get this to work at ALL! I tried different setups and different themes (both mine and others) and no go. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm sick as a dog right now but it's making me crazy. I need to step back a bit, at least until I'm feeling better.

By the way, I had gone to your site to see how you had it going and watched that video about your daughter...she is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! :D
Mina
Cloisters Mama

Postby shammah98 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:00 pm

haha. now u know how I feel ;-)
yeah, i'm taking a break from working on it as well. the regular video player will just have to work for now.
and thanks for the compliments. get well soon!
E
shammah98

Return to Just Grey