Change Message "Welcome to our Site"

Change Message "Welcome to our Site"

Postby Jojo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Hello Mina,

Thank you for making this theme available. Thisis the first time I have used Wordpress. My blog is at www.classeyranch.com/blog-jojo

I have 2 questions:

1) On the Home Page, under the message "Welcome to our Site" it says:
"This section is to display just about any kind of information you'd like. To remove this section simply delete any references to 'intro.php' in the Main Index Template."
I do not want to remove that section, but I would like to know how to change that message.

2) In the header, can I remove "Just another Wordpress Blog..." ?

Thank you,

Jojo
Jojo

Re: Change Message "Welcome to our Site"

Postby Mina » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:53 am

Jojo,

Welcome to WordPress! Since you're new to WP I would suggest you look through the WordPress Codex to get an idea of all that WP can do. It's an invaluable resource on the workings of WordPress.

1. To change that text go into Admin >> Appearances >> Editor >> intro.php and you'll see the original text. Just replace whats there with your own making sure you keep it within the <p></p> tags to preserve the formatting.

2. To change the "Just another Wordpress Blog..." bit (which is actually called the tagline) go into Admin >> Settings >> General and the second line from the top is called "Tagline". Change (or remove) the text in the box next to it to whatever you want.
Mina
Cloisters Mama

Return to Autumn Almanac